DEPT. OF AH&VS INFORMS
The Department of A. H. & Veterinary Services has informed the general public and piggery farmers that unusual mortality of pig population has been reported in Mon, Kiphire & Phek districts recently. Hence, general public & piggery farmers have been requested to remain vigil and observe the following advisories:-
- To report death of pigs to the nearest Veterinary Health Centre for necessary sero-monitoring.
- Not to consume dead / diseased pigs, but carry out deep burial method and subsequent sanitization.
- Refrain from importing live pigs for meat and piglets for breeding purpose from outside without knowing the health status.
- Maintain strict bio-security measures in the farms.
- Practice usage of footbath at the entrance of the farm.
- Vaccinate your pigs against Classical Swine Fever.
- Avoid feeding with feeds especially from hotel and other wastes which may be contaminated.